Below is a Q&A with WildSound Festivals about my script Christmas Wings.
- What is your screenplay about?
My Screenplay, Christmas Wings, is about a shadow fairy, Zarna who was born without wings. She is the only shadow fairy without wings, and she feels left out, and to fit in she uses her magic to steal wings from other living creatures. At Christmas, she wants her own Christmas wings, and goes to steal the wings from an Angel. Instead, the Angel sends her to hell, where Zarna begins to see the damage to has done to other living creatures and is repentant.
The screenplay is about Zarna’s journey of how she learns to accept who she is, even though she is different as she has no wings, as well as accepting others for who they are.
- What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Animated, short film, family, fantasy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it would be a movie suitable for all ages with a story line that all could relate to.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Inspiring and Imaginative.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I love the movie, The Sound of Music. I would watch it yearly when growing up. I still enjoy watching and singing along to the movie.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on this screenplay off and on now for a few years.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written over ten stories in various genres, horror, fantasy, steampunk, contemporary, romance and I have also published two collections of poetry.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Recently, I’ve enjoyed listening (alot) to the song, This is Me, from The Showman. I find it positive and uplifting, and the tune stays in my mind!
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Initially this screenplay was written in a short story format, so I had to learn how to convert it to a script format and style which is very different writing novels.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about sharing what I’ve learnt on my writing journey and helping others to be inspired to find their own creative expression.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I’ve had a very positive experience working with FilmFreeway and their submission platform. It’s always gone smoothly with good outcomes.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I entered the festival because I wanted to see if my screenplay, Christmas Wings, would be well received, if it really did have potential to be made into a movie, and to see what feedback I could get on my story. I’ve been happy with the feedback I’ve received.
Follow the link to listen to a scene read out by actors from my story Christmas Wings by Lily Rose!
Genre: Animation, Fantasy
Zarna is a shadow fairy born without wings. To fit in she steals wings from living creatures. This year she’s looking for her own set of Christmas Wings.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox